Slowly but surely we’re figuring out what we’re going to do with this shiny new blog..
We’ve opened up 3 new categories and we hope you will enjoy our posts and find them helpful..
Monday Motivation (Fitness Tips and more)
Friday Fit Food (#fitfoodfriday)
Here goes our 1st Fit Food Friday post….
Tuna & Lettuce Tacos
Sometimes I’m too lazy to cook, and just want to make/eat something fast.
Tuna is the perfect choice to make a quick healthy meal. I usually pick out white albacore packed in water. This is an ultra-healthy meal that is high in protein and low in fat.
Yield: 2 servings
Here’s what you need…
- 1 can albacore chunk tuna, packed in water
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 apple, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 large lettuce leaves, washed
- Pepper to taste
- Combine the tuna, onion, bell pepper, and apple in a medium bowl. In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, ranch dressing and dill.
- Add the mayonnaise or better Greek yogurt mixture to the tuna and mix until well combined.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on two plates, and fill with tuna. Garnish with a dash of pepper.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 124 calories, 1.5g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 2.7g fiber, and 14g protein.
Sharing is Caring 😀
If you like this post please subscribe to my blog and share 😀