***This is a Goal Setting Workshop***
Last week we talked about motivation. And I shared how I find my motivation. I also touched on how HAVING GOALS (or something to look forward to) is essential to success.
How does one create a goal? And how do we find out what we want? This is what I did…
Step 1. Take 5 minutes to write down on a piece of paper (or computer) as many goals you can think of that you want to achieve in 3 different categories:
- Personal development goals like: speaking fluent Spanish or learning salsa dancing
- Acquirement goals like: getting a new car or motorcycle, owning a house or private jet 😛
- Financial goals like: how much income per month you think you need or how much money you would like to have in your nest egg by the end of the year.
Go crazy on this and let your mind go wild, be just like a kid and think of all the stuff you want. Think big and keep writing for 5 min long for each category
Step 2. You should have at least 1 page full of stuff you wanted to have or acheive…so now choose from each category 1 goal you absolute must have or want to achieve in less than a year.
For me this was:
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT GOAL: Speak fluent Spanish. (very handy in south America and some parts in Europe)
- PERSONAL ACQUIREMENT GOAL: Start my around the world journey on my new Triple Black GS1200
- FINANCIAL GOAL: Selling my 2 fitness studios in Bangkok to have some CA$H to fund my trip. I’ve already succeeded in this and it isn’t the end of the year yet, so my next goal is to make at least 3000USD per month with our online training business or website affiliates.
I know this works because I have already achieved most of the list above (and half the year isn’t over yet) because I was clear about what I really wanted. And I worked EVERYDAY towards my goals and take massive action!
Step 3 Create the WHY I should achieve these goals and what will happen if I don’t achieve them.
Take 5mins to write down all the good things that will happen if you achieve your goals. But then also take 5mins to write down the bad things that will happen if you don’t achieve them.
How would your life look like after 5 years or 10 years if you do nothing?
How would you feel?
How would you look? Older or Younger?
Would you be Happy or Sad?
Step 4. TAKE MASSIVE ACTION EVERYDAY!!
Make a plan and take action everyday. This is a tough one, but if you take some action, even if it’s a small one, you will get closer to your goal.
See what’s working or isn’t. If something doesn’t work, don’t give up, but do try something new and see if that works. Keep on trying so you know what works or not.
Step 5. Become a Master
Practice what works for you and do it over and over till it becomes easy and part of your second nature.
Step 6. Power of Focus
What you focus on the most, is what you will get. If you focus on the negative you will get that, even if you are focusing on NOT getting it. Focus on the POSITIVE.
Take 30mins every day to focus on your goals, go to a quite dark room, play some meditation music, relax, and take some deep breaths and when breathing out visual yourself achieving your goals. Make a movie in your head of yourself accomplishing your goals and how you would look/be if you already completed your top 3 goals.
For me, my mind-movie is about how I am already on my new motorbike, traveling the world, making money online and speaking fluent Spanish.
I do this every morning when I wake up and in the evening before I sleep. I visualize my goals which gives me massive motivation to go out there and kick butt.
If you like this post please subscribe to my blog and share 😀