Makes 2 Servings
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of Tartar
- 2 cups sliced Strawberries
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 scoops Vanilla or Strawberry protein powder
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 6 egg whites and 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar with
an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until the egg whites become fluffy and
hold stiff peaks.
- Scoop this mixture out into two large ball-like portions on a baking sheet lined
with parchment paper.
- With the back of a large spoon, depress the middle of
each portion to form a pocket (this is where the fruit will
- Bake in the oven until the mixture turns light golden
brown, between 5 and 10 minutes. Remove from oven
and set aside to let cool.
- Cut up 2 cups of strawberries and mix in a bowl with
Splenda. Add the protein powder to this mixture, 1 scoop
at a time, mixing well. Once these dry ingredients are
mixed together, add water, 1 tbsp at a time, until the mixture
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the meringue pockets,
letting it flow over the sides. Serve cool.
- Calories: 330
- Protein: 52g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fat: 4g