We had the most delicious Danish “salad” on rich nut bread the other day.
Here’s the closest recipe in our collection that was similar. But instead of bread, it is on top of some baked squash. Enjoy!
Roast Beef on Squash Salad
Makes 2 Servings
- 12oz Slices of Roast Beef
- 1 Acorn Squash, about 2 lbs
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 Handfuls baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Sunny Side Up Egg
- Pickled Red Onions for garnish
- Cook Roast Beef separately. Or purchase slices of roast beef from the cold meats section 😀
2.Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Cut the squash in half. Rub it with half the oil and the
salt and pepper, and place on a baking sheet. Roast it in
the oven until the flesh is soft and brown, about 25 minutes.
- While the squash roasts, heat the remaining oil in a
large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
Sauté bell pepper, and onion for 3 minutes, then
add the curry powder, with a splash of water and raisins. Simmer over low
heat for 10 minutes.
- Carve the inside of the squash and put a bed of baby
spinach in it
- Serve a scoop of the curry mix inside the roasted squash. Garnish
with the cilantro and pickled red onion.
- Calories: 539
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Fat: 11g