5 Flat Abs Myths (part 1)
Most people want to slim down before baring it all, so I’m here to warn you of the 5 Flat Abs Myths that DON’T WORK!!
Myth #1: Do extra crunches to flatten your abs.
Excessive crunches aren’t the answer for tight abs. In order to achieve a toned look you’ll have to focus on burning off the layer of fat that is covering up your tummy.
- Tip: Don’t obsess about crunches – instead focus on fat burning and full body “ab” exercises like planks, mountain climbers and burpees
Myth #2: Take diet pills to speed results.
I know it’s so tempting! The ads make compelling claims about the power of popping a pill, but don’t fall for it. There is no ‘magic pill’. Diet pills are more likely to burn through your pocketbook than to slim you down.
- Tip: Don’t pop a pill – instead burn calories with intense exercise and A CUPPA BLACK COFFEE 😉
Myth #3: Turn to packaged diet products to boost results.
Don’t fall for the foods that are packaged as ‘diet’ or ‘weight loss’ aids. Quite often these products are packed with refined sugar and other artificial ingredients that your body doesn’t need, and certainly won’t help you attain that tight tummy.
- Tip: Don’t eat packaged diet foods – instead stick with nutritious whole foods.
Myth #4: Avoid all carbohydrates in order to achieve tight abs.
Carbohydrates have been given a bad rap, which is unfortunate because you can (and should) eat carbs while slimming down. The key is to stick with whole grains, oatmeal and brown rice while avoiding processed and refined flours and sugars.
- Tip: Don’t give up all carbohydrates – instead stick with wholesome carbs like sweet potato, rolled oats, lentils, quinoa, corn on the cob etc.
Myth #5: Starve the chub away.
Trying to lose weight by starving yourself is not only ineffective it can also be dangerous. It may seem that severe calorie restriction would deliver the quickest weight loss, but your body is complex and by doing so you’ll disrupt your metabolism and slow your results.
- Tip: Don’t starve yourself – instead eat small wholesome meals throughout the day. You can download 42 awesome FREE HEALTHY RECIPES HERE
Now that you know what not to do in order to achieve tight abs, next Monday I will show you 5 Thing you SHOULD DO to get Flat Abs.
If you’d like me to design a training + nutrition plan for your body, and the equipment you have available, check out our Online Personal Training option–we give a 30 Day Free Trial + 60 days money back guarantee… 😀 😀 😀
YOU’VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE…
If you like this post please subscribe to my blog and share 😀